Home » News » Islamic Awakening » 42 Killed, 60 Injured in Saudi Airstrikes on Residential Area in Yemen’s Taiz
Published on 22 Aug 2015 | Category : Islamic Awakening

42 Killed, 60 Injured in Saudi Airstrikes on Residential Area in Yemen’s Taiz

Font size

The Saudi fighter jets bombarded Salh District in Taiz, killing at least 42 and wounding 60 others, medical resources said, adding that many others are still under the rubble.
The presidential palace in Taiz Governorate was also hit by the airstrikes six times, according to Yemen’s Al Masirah TV network.
On Wednesday, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) warned about the humanitarian situation in Yemen, saying children are bearing the brunt of Saudi aggression against Yemenis with an average of eight kids getting killed every day in the ongoing airstrikes against the Arab country.
“Nearly 8 children are being killed or maimed every day in Yemen’s deadly conflict,” UNICEF said in a report titled “Yemen: Childhood Under Threat”.
According to the report, about 10 million of Yemeni children are in strong need of humanitarian assistance and about 1.8 million are expected to suffer from malnutrition.
On March 26, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies, including the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain, began to launch deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
More than 4000 people, many of them children and women, have been killed in the Saudi-led aggression against the Arab country so far.

Related articles
Write comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *